Most images posted on my blog, I took from the internet . If any author feels wronged in some way, please let me know and I will rectify it. Thank you.

A maioria das imagens deste blogue foram retiradas da Internet. Se algum(a) autor(a) se sentir lesado(a), peço por favor que me faça saber para que retifique a situação. Grata.

Wednesday 17 December 2014

The Lightest Touch by David Whyte

THE LIGHTEST TOUCH

Artwork of unkown Artist
Good poetry begins with the lightest touch,
a breeze arriving from nowhere,
a whispered healing arrival,
a word in your ear,
a settling into things,

then like a hand in the dark
it arrests your whole body,
steeling you for revelation.
In the silence that follows
a great line
you can feel Lazarus deep inside
even the laziest,
most deathly afraid part of you,
lift up his hands and walk toward the light.

 - David Whyte from Everything is Waiting for You and River Flow: New & Selected Poems ©2003 Many Rivers Press

No comments:

Post a Comment